Friday, July 27, 2007

Illustration Friday: Moon


Destination Moon

I bought a few songs by Dinah Washington, one of them being Destination Moon. I love that song! It went along nicely with Illustration Friday's theme this week, moon. The celestial sky I created for my last image, My Roots, was reused for this one. This image is paper and digital collage.

Lyrics for Destination Moon

Come and take a trip in my rocket ship
We'll have a lovely afternoon
Kiss the world goodbye and away we fly
Destination moon

Travel fast as light 'til we're lost from sight
The earth is like a toy balloon
What a thrill you get ridin' on a jet
Destination moon

We'll go up up up up
Straight to the moon we two
High in the starry blue
I'll be out of this world with you

So away we steal in a spacemobile
A supersonic honeymoon
Leave your cares below, pull the switch, let's go!
Destination moon

There once was a time when the colorful thing to do
Was to call for a date on a bicycle built for two
But cars and trains and even planes
All have had their day
Now the time is due to call for you
In the modern atomic way

We'll go up up up up
Straight to the moon we two
High in the starry blue
I'll be out of this world with you

So away we steal in a spacemobile
A supersonic honeymoon
Leave your cares below, pull the switch, let's go!
Destination moon

10 comments:

Karina Cocq said...

yeah¡...la nave del amor.....y la luna detras....que mas se puede querer? me gusto
saludos

Focus_ret said...

Nice details, like the hearts in the rocket's exhaust, and the silhouettes in the porthole.

Mike said...

Great illustration. Nice detail and color.

Lockjaw said...

'scuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. I can't decide what I like most about this... the moon, space, rocket, hell the entire thing just works. Great colour and detail.

Tracey Hedrick Graham said...

I'm with lockjaw! My jaw is still on the floor! BEAUTIFUL. This works on so many levels. The colors make me want to crawl inside. Congrats on a masterful piece :)

Michael Brito said...

this is great

timafli said...

This is a cool illustration. Like your style and color palette. Thanks for your comments on mine.

Zari said...

this is a great blog...lot of great illustrations!
thanks for your comments on mine!

...the crying sweet peas are soooo cute!

jim bradshaw said...

Hey there texture girl. Looks like you are really enjoying your art. I like your rocket collage.

Vhrsti said...

Hello Stacia! Lovely illo! I like many of your works here!