Monday, November 29, 2010

Western Washington Scrapbook Retreat

Tea Cozy
Jodie and Stacia

And the fun begins! Jodie drove up from Bend, Oregon to participate in the WWS Retreat. We left a day early to enjoy the town of Port Townsend, but, before we got too far down the road, we had a delicious breakfast at the Queen Mary Tea Room in Seattle.

Later that morning, while sitting in line to cross the Hood Canal Bridge, we noticed the car in front of us had a license plate cover that read, "Crazy for tea cozies." How apropos! My monkey brain loves seeing pattern connections.

Cropping Buddies
Shannon, Tonya, and Jodie

The retreat was a lot of fun. I was roped begrudgingly into volunteering for the Bumpy Basket Raffle, and although I didn't do much, I met some nice ladies and enjoyed myself in the process. Sometimes, I surprise myself. Next year I won't be so hesitant to participate.

Here are a few finished projects from the retreat:

Gingerbread Man
Christmas Cards 2010

Hello.
Floral Greeting Cards

Woot, Roar, and Quack
Artist Trading Cards

No comments: